The Partner Visa (Visa Subclass 309 provisional and 100 permanent) is a two-stage application, for applicants who are located outside of Australia. Visa Subclass 309 is often referred to as a Marriage Visa, De Facto Visa, or Spouse Visa. Despite its name, applicants are applying for two connected visas concurrently. In most cases, the Subclass 309 (provisional visa) will be granted first with a two-year waiting period imposed on the grant of the Subclass 100 Visa (permanent visa).
Visa Subclass 309 Requirements
To be eligible for the Partner Visa, applicants must be either married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian partner and can show a mutual commitment to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others.
Married Applicants: To apply for the Partner Visa under the grounds of marriage applicants must either be lawfully married in Australia or lawfully married in the country where the marriage was solemnized. A marriage not recognized in the country in which it was solemnized will not be recognized under Australian Migration Law.
De Facto Applicants: to use for the Partner Visa under the grounds of de facto applicants must are during a de facto relationship for 12 months before applying for the visa unless there are compelling and compassionate circumstances, or your relationship is registered under an Australian State/Territory law.
Whether they are applying under the grounds of marriage or in a de facto relationship, the following common criteria that apply to all applicants must:
- Outside of Australian boundaries at the time of application lodgement
- Sponsored by an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or eligible NZ Citizen
- Able to demonstrate that the financial aspects, nature of the household, social aspects, and commitment to their Australian Partner are sufficiently evidenced
- Living, or have lived, with their Australian Partners
- Relationship with their Australian Partners is genuine and on-going
- Hold a substantive visa or the face being assessed against additional criteria
- Satisfy the Health Criteria
- Satisfy Character Requirements
Processing Time For Visa Subclass 300
If we talk about the processing time for this visa, then for
– Partner Provisional Visa Subclass 309, 75% of the visa application is processed within 16 months and 90% of the visa application is processed within 20 months. And,
– Partner Migrant Visa 100, 75% of the visa application is processed within 23 months and 90% of the visa application is processed within 33 months.
If you want to apply for the visa subclass 309 then contact Migration agent Perth from ISA Migrations. Hire a registered migration agent is always a better option to grant your visa very smooth and hassle-free. Immigration agent is always up-to-date with the latest migration changes by the Australian government, so contact us any time for the hassle-free immigration services.